eventshoch2 – 20 Years of Precision
Lange Uhren GmbH, Glashütte, Germany
Founded in 1845, the watch manufacturer A. Lange & Söhne was expropriated after the Second World War. This seemed to spell the end of the traditional brand and of the company.
However, in 1990, Walter Lange, the great-grandson of the founder Ferdinand A. Lange, and Günter Blümlein undertook the challenge of a new beginning. Almost four years passed before they were ready to go public with their first collection. It finally happened on 24th October 1994! The watch manufacturer A. Lange & Söhne from Glashütte simultaneously presented with great pride four new watches – LANGE 1, SAXONIA, ARKADE and TOURBILLON “Pour le Mérite”.
Exactly 20 years later to the day, in the same location, in the Dresden Royal Castle, that historical incident in the company history was celebrated with an appropriate festivity and impressively staged by us using elaborate decoration. Journalists, connoisseurs, collectors, long-standing customers and VIPs from all over the world were invited to Dresden to take part in this unique anniversary event, which extended over three days.
Within the framework of this event, there could hardly have been a better occasion to then also present the new watch, a limited edition of the LANGE 1, the “LANGE 1 TOURBILLON HANDWERKSKUNST”. All 20 examples of this masterpiece of watch-making art have, however, already been sold.
Our event agency eventshoch2 was responsible at this event for the following:
- complete event decoration at several locations (Dresden Castle, Castle Courtyard, Church Chapel, exterior and interior areas) including comprehensive material logistics
- logistics and assembly and disassembly of the complete event furnishings and customer-owned event furniture
- tent construction including logistics
- procurement, instruction and management of hostesses and staff
- event planning, event supervision and event implementation
In keeping with this historical event, there is a film which clearly narrates the historical development of the watch manufacturer. This can be found at the following link: